We’d like to thank everybody for braving the arctic conditions and coming to our Layne Rowe glass blowing demonstration on Saturday. We had a fabulous day, Layne made some incredible pieces and a good day was had by all!
Many of you were fascinated by the art of glass blowing and we are now thrilled to be able to offer the experience of learning how to work with glass in a seres of exclusive courses to you.
INTRODUCTION TO GLASSMAKING
Half Day 9.00am – 1.00pm £150.00
- Work with Layne at his studio in March, Cambridgeshire as part of a small class of 6 – 7 people. Learn to design and sketch out a conceptual piece of glass under Layne’s guidance.
- Watch Layne demonstrate techniques and different processes and then create your own piece using some of these methods, resulting in a glass piece such as a paperweight to take home and keep! A fabulous introduction to glass artistry and methodology.
EXCLUSIVE LAYNE ROWE IMMERSIVE GLASS BLOWING EXPERIENCE
Full Day 9am – 5pm £550.00
- Spend time with Layne and up to one other student in an intimate and in depth immersive day of glass sculpting and blowing at Layne’s studio in March, Cambridgeshire, allowing plenty of time to explore different techniques and first hand experience of glass blowing.
- Learn how to work with hot glass and experience colour application,
sculpting and glass blowing.
- Lunch will be provided and will allow you more time to chat
to Layne about his work and experiences.
- Come away with four or five pieces of glass art that you yourself have created.
- Flexible dates – to be mutually agreed between pupil and Layne.
Gift vouchers available for a fabulous present!
You can book a course here
in the meantime, here are some pics from the day!